Friday 20 May 2016

Long Overdue Eating At Home Catch-Up Part 2

And so here we are, on to Part 2.... and yes, I am aware that it has been nearly six months since Part 1. But Baby's first Christmas happened. And then his first birthday. And then there was the small matter of planning the best wedding of 2016. All have now passed though and frankly I need something to distract me from the post-wedding blues. And so here I am.

One thing I noticed while putting this post together is that a couple of the meals look suspiciously similar to some posted in Part 1. Which  is correct. Similar however, not the same. What happened, if anyone is bothered, is that I cooked a couple of things again with tweaks. The chilli chicken and mushroom risotto for instance? The first time I think I made it with bog standard basil pesto whereas the second time I made tarragon pesto. And the spicy beef and tofu? More like an oil-less Mapo Tofu the second time around. And still I failed to write up recipes for them. Oh well, there is always next time...


Braised lamb shanks with baked polenta & gremolata



BBQ steak with garlic-herb butter, potato gratin & asparagus 



Chicken & mushroom risotto with tarragon pesto



Spicy Sichuan beef & tofu



Duck breast with sour cherry sauce & mini gratins



Pork chop, chimichurri & sweet potato mash



Double Swiss & green chilli relish burger



Braised pig's cheeks with garlic mash



Pasta bake



Chicken pot pie



Sweet & sour chicken noodles



Hamish's superfood salad



Baked Spanish rice with chicken & chorizo



Mushroom & truffle linguine



Chicken, prune & olive tagine



BBQ bone-in ribeye, corn & mustard potato salad



Hamish's bacon & pea risotto



Chicken & broccoli pasta bake with toasted almonds



Thai chicken stirfry



No comments:

Post a Comment