Tuesday 13 August 2013

Eating In 2013 - Part One


Earlier this year on the blog I did a couple of posts that were "round-ups" of meals eaten at home and away in the previous year that while I wasn't in a position to dedicate a full post to each I still wanted to document.

A bit over halfway through this year and I'm in the same position. There are loads of things that I eat and cook that I just don't post about but still take pictures. While eating at home these tend to be things that either I just cook on auto-pilot so never write up a recipe, or I deem it not worth it. Or, in fact, it is not something that I have personally cooked.

And we eat out a lot and I'm afraid that I am one of those really irritating people that take pictures of everything I eat (actually I'm not sure why I'm apologising - to say sorry seems to suggest in some way that I am going to change my ways. Which I'm not).

This first "round-up" post for the first half of the year will be things we've eaten at home. There will be more posts to follow - those of the eating out variety. For "major" restaurants and trips abroad I will do a post per restaurant or trip (no reviews per se as I find them quite dull to write) with a generalised one as well. You have been warned.

As ever, these are often pics taken with the iPhone - apologies.


Asparagus & Lemon Risotto


The bf's, quite frankly delicious, Salmon with Orange Sauce


Poached Eggs & Asparagus - Breakfast of Champions


Thai Green Prawn Curry


Spinach, Feta & Sundried Tomato Filo Pie


Broccoli & Mushroom Risotto


Spicy Tofu Stirfry


Breakfast of Champions #2! Ikea potato cakes rock...


Tray-baked Fish & Veg


A variation on my Lamb & Artichoke Pasta recipe - leftover
roast leg of lamb put to very good use


Poached Smoked Haddock with Eggs, Spinach & Asparagus


Stroganoff & Mixed Wild Rice


One of my very favourite salads - Asian Chicken... so good


Strawberry Belini - complete with strawberries
from the terrace


Gran Luchito food stuffs - my big find of 2013 so far. This
hot, smoky honey is fantastic on toast


BBQ Pork Chops with Salsa Rossa


Sweet & Sour Chicken - made with Fanta. That's right - Fanta.
Extremely good!


Minted Pea Frittata


BBQ Tuna Steaks with Mango Salsa

I've so many "Eating Out" posts to do right now it is actually a bit intimidating (I must try and remember that procrastination is most definitely not my friend). But we're going to Tokyo in a few weeks (yay!) and as I predict a lot will need posting then, I'd best get a move on!


No comments:

Post a Comment